When you have been charged with a crime, misdemeanor or felony, working with an experienced criminal defense law firm can make a huge difference in the outcome of your criminal case. Our law office offers those who are seeking legal representation a no obligation consultation with a top criminal defense attorney in Houston, TX.
This consultation will help our legal team to understand the specifics of your case. It is important to share all relevant information and to be truthful in your consultation in order for us to go over your options moving forward. In this consultation we will determine if we believe we can get your charges lessened, your case dropped, or just get you a milder sentencing.
The sooner you reach out to an attorney following your arrest the better it will be for your specific case. We work with individuals that are facing all types of criminal charges including drug crimes, DWIs, sex crimes, domestic violence charges, and more.
The truth is, no matter how smart or well educated you are, the criminal justice system makes it virtually impossible to do a competent job of representing yourself. Each criminal case is unique, and only a specialist who is experienced in assessing the particulars of a case—and in dealing with the many variables that come up in every case—can provide the type of representation that every criminal defendant needs to receive if justice is to be done.
Criminal defense lawyers do much more than simply question witnesses in court. For example, defense lawyers:
- Negotiate “deals” with prosecutors, often arranging for reduced charges and lesser sentences. By contrast, prosecutors may be uncooperative with self-represented defendants.
- Formulate sentencing programs tailored to a client’s specific needs, often helping defendants avoid future brushes with the criminal justice system.
- Help defendants cope with the feelings of fear, embarrassment, reduced self-esteem, and anxiety that criminal charges tend to produce in many people.
- Provide defendants with a reality check—a knowledgeable, objective perspective on their situation and what is likely to happen should their cases go to trial. This perspective is vital for defendants trying to decide whether to accept a prosecutor’s offered plea bargain.
- Are familiar with important legal rules that people representing themselves would find almost impossible to locate on their own, because many criminal law rules are hidden away in court interpretations of federal and state statutes and constitutions. For example, understanding what may constitute an unreasonable search and seizure often requires familiarity with a vast array of state and federal appellate court opinions.
- Are familiar with local court customs and procedures that are not written down anywhere. For example, a defense lawyer may know which prosecutor has the real authority to settle a case and what kinds of arguments are likely to appeal to that prosecutor.
- Understand the possible hidden costs of pleading guilty that a self-represented person might never think about.
- Spend time on a case that a defendant cannot afford to spend. Defendants who can afford to hire a lawyer usually have jobs, and therefore lack the time (and energy) to devote to such time-consuming activities as gathering and examining documents, doing legal research, and talking to witnesses.
- Gather information from prosecution witnesses. Witnesses often fear people accused of crimes and therefore refuse to speak to people representing themselves. Witnesses are more likely to talk to defense attorneys or their investigators.
- Hire and manage investigators. Investigators may be able to believably impeach (contradict) prosecution witnesses who embellish their stories at trial. By contrast, it is far less effective for a defendant to testify that “the prosecution witness told me something different before trial.”
Free Consultation With A Trial Lawyer in Houston Area
Attorney Lanease fuller has over 30 years of experience helping individuals that have been charged with crimes throughout Harris County. She cares about each of her clients and works hard to preserve their freedom. If she believes in your case she is not afraid to take it to trial. Contact our law office today to learn more about scheduling a no obligation consultation with top criminal defense attorney in Houston, Lanease Fuller. You will be glad you did.
Experienced Criminal Attorney in Houston, Texas
Attorney Fuller is a seasoned attorney with nearly three decades of experience representing a wide range of clients. This includes individuals who have suffered an injury due to another’s actions, individuals facing criminal charges, those who have been arrested for DWI, individuals who have found themselves in a civil litigation dispute, and those looking for legal guidance in business.
After filling out a client intake form, Attorney Lanease D. Fuller will take appropriate action in your case to help you get the results you are looking for. This includes but not limited to gathering evidence, going to trial, and earning a settlement that is appropriate for your specific situation. Reach out to us today to take the first step towards settling your case.